INTERMITTENT PROBLEM WITH STARTING WHEN WARM.

2003 Hyundai Starex

Kliu

January, 7, 2012 AT 4:01 AM

Our Hyundai Starex, (actually Jac Refine, it was bought in Beijing) has been having trouble since summer 2008 with occasionally not starting when warm. It needs to be driven for a bit, then try to start it within about 30 min. Of stopping. In the past it only did this in summer, but I've had trouble several times this winter. I don't speak Chinese so I haven't been handling the repairs--I know several things have been tried and seem to make a difference for awhile, but then it begins again. I'm getting tired of being told to just take my chances, nothing can be done. At a minimum, I would like info if this is likely to ever leave me completely stranded--neither 25 degrees or 95 degrees would be fun to get stuck.

rivermikerat

January, 7, 2012 AT 4:16 AM

Check fuel pressure when the problem is occurring. It sounds like it may be either vapor lock or a weak fuel pump.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right