I RECENTLY HAD MY FRONT BREAK PADS AND ROTORS ...

2003 Hyundai Santa Fe

Milly99

November, 15, 2012 AT 9:47 PM

I recently had my front break pads and rotors replaced. There was some squeaking, I went back and had the garage check, all was okay. Wagner pads sometimes make this noise. Today my break light and battery light came on. Then my ABS light, My Radio started to cut in and out and went off and my air bag light came on.
Any thoughts on this problem?

caradiodoc

November, 16, 2012 AT 5:33 AM

Have the charging system tested. Chances are the generator has failed. That results in low system voltage and the battery light turning on because it's not being recharged as you drive. The anti-lock brake light is on because the system needs a lot of current to do its thing, and it can't do that when system voltage is low. Circuits in the radio also start to shut down with low voltage. Fix the charging system and the other stuff will work. By now though you'll find the engine probably won't crank fast enough to start. You'll need to recharge the battery first for an hour on a slow rate. That should allow you enough time to drive to repair shop.

ABS Computer Replacement