• Tiny
  • jonestan356
  • 2003 Hyundai Getz
  • 4 CYL
  • 2WD
  • manual
  • 120,000 miles

I have rusty coolant that I wish to remove/change with fresh anti freeze.
Car was overheating at one point and water is always missing from the radiator. In the engine water tap where the thermostate is, the water is very rust, and I am suspecting that the thermostate is not operating correctly!
I wish to change and drain the water from the block and the radiator, what and where can I find the tap/seal to empty the collant?
regards Stanley

Do you
have the same problem?
Sunday, May 15th, 2011 AT 2:30 PM

1 Reply

  • Tiny
  • PROTECH1980
  • Expert
  • 928 posts

First off, if the coolant is low and overheating you may want to pressure test the system to identify the source of the leak, second the drain should be located on the bottom of the radiator somewhere, if you cant find it, get a drain pan and remove lower rad. Hose to drain system, if theres alot of rust you may want to flush the entire system, auto parts stores sell flushing T's that can be tapped into heater hose, and a garden hose installed to flush entire system.

Was this
Sunday, May 15th, 2011 AT 4:26 PM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Similar Questions