ELECTRICAL

2003 Hyundai Elantra

Donald Subach

September, 24, 2012 AT 8:09 PM

2003 Elantra, New alternator 2 months ago. Today going to work lights on shifter blinked and went out. Then lights on dash and speedometer stopped working. Also, front right head light out?

The car has a dui interlock1too. Told that should not cause a problem by there Tech.

September, 24, 2012 AT 8:44 PM

You need to have the battery, its terminals and other connections and the charging tested.

Try a jump start to see if it works.

Donald Subach

September, 24, 2012 AT 8:52 PM

It has a new battery 4 months old. It cranks and starts fine.

September, 24, 2012 AT 9:38 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

If it is cranking and not firing up, you need to check what is missing. The above link explains how to go about.

September, 24, 2012 AT 9:39 PM

Sorry, I believe I have got wrong. You mean the engine is running with the electrical faults?

Check the main fuses and fusible links underhood.

Donald Subach

September, 24, 2012 AT 9:44 PM

Is the fuse box for a 2003 Elantra under the hood? If so were? Under driver side dash. Yes, only the electrical dash light, shifter light, speedometer, and right head light.

September, 24, 2012 AT 9:50 PM

Underhood and under dash there are fuse blocks. For headlights the fuses are underhood.

If taillights are working correctly, it would not be fuses that are bad, more likely to be a loose connection somewhere.

You would need a DVOM or test light to perform tests.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Window Switch Replacement and Test