I have checked all the things that you have suggested in your article and still no luck on fixing the problem. I have:
- Cleaned the idle control valve
- Replaced the idle control valve with new valve
- cleaned the PVC valve
- Checked vacuum booster by pinching hose
- used propane and carb cleaner to check for vacuum leaks
- checked all the fuses, under hood and inside van
- bled coolant lines
- checked voltage on TSC, which was in range
- cleaned power steering pressure switch connection and checked wiring for broken wires
- Pulled connector off of idle control valve while engine running and the high low idle is not as severe. Only 200 rpm variation between high and low idle
- put my finger over the hole in the bottom of the throttle body and the engine will die, but if I put it partially over the hole, the high low idle will stop
- cleaned EGR passages and ports in the intake manifold
I am on Christmas vacation and I have spent two whole days trouble shooting the problem with no luck. Any help would be appreciated as I am seriously frustrated and ready to give up.
have the same problem?
Monday, December 26th, 2011 AT 11:22 PM