PROBLEMS WITH ACCELERATION AND ENGINE CUTTING OFF

2003 Honda Element

xmannyx

July, 19, 2012 AT 3:18 PM

I have a honda element ex 2003 I've noticed that when the temperature changes drastically my car has trouble with accelerating. When at a red stop light, it idols a bit rough for a few moments. This is made worse if I have my a/c on, my cell phone and my iPad plugged in charging. This was during the heat wave in DC. When temps were around 90 to 100. Today it seems to be ok. I had two codes register on my analyzer. P0107 and P0141.
Is the problem my O2 sensor or is it something electrical or both? How much could the repairs cost?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

hmac300

July, 19, 2012 AT 4:41 PM

The 0141 code is a heater problem in your secondary O2 sensor, it can be either the heater and needs to be checked or the 10amp fusein the under dash fuse/relay box. The 107 code is for a map sensor, so check to see if it'sgetting good vacuum first with no soft/cracked hoses or seals to it.