FUEL PUMP NOT COMING ON

2003 GMC Yukon

Heath_lucretia@yahoo.com

September, 1, 2011 AT 1:43 AM

I always find it difficult to get the total picture across when trying to ask a question so I apologize in advance. I have a 2003 yukon. I had the fuel pump replaced about 1 year ago. About 2 weeks ago the check engine light came on. The other day when I started it the fuel pump sounded weird. Then it started and it idled really low. When I pushed the gas it was almost like I wasn't. Seemed pretty gutless. It has been sluggish since. I filed up the other day and it seemed to run better, got to a half tank and running icky again. Today I tried to start it and out was on a slight hill. It wouldn't start. The fuel pump wasn't making a noise at all. So I pushed it to flat ground and it started. The fuel pump was making a knarly sound though.
The code coming up from the check engine light is P 042. Thanks so much for listening to all that! Any ideas what it could be? Fuel pump? Fuel sensor? Fuel injection?

September, 1, 2011 AT 1:50 AM

Check the fuel pressure to rule the fuel filter and fuel pump and also verify the OBD2 code you have-start here

Heath_lucretia@yahoo.com

September, 1, 2011 AT 2:28 AM

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it

Heath_lucretia@yahoo.com

September, 1, 2011 AT 2:37 AM

I'm silly! Forgot to ask the obvious next question. What if the pressure is low? What does that mean?

September, 1, 2011 AT 3:36 PM

Could be an injector/s or pressure regulator leaking and fuel pump-

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe