FRONT HVAC BLOWER FAN STAYS ON EVEN WITH CAR OFF...

2003 GMC Yukon

Anonymous

October, 21, 2012 AT 2:12 PM

Front HVAC blower fan stays on EVEN with car off - keys out. Obviously a switch or relay. Pulled and reseated the 40 amp fuse which turns blower off but does not remedy problem. Is there a relay or module I can change out on a "worth a try basis"? Fan is chirping some, whatever that is worth. Access to fan thru pass side floor housing looks like a pain. Is there something in "control side" - separate from physical fan location I can try before tearing into fan area?

hmac300

October, 21, 2012 AT 3:10 PM

Actually there is a tsb on this 11046, the harness burns up and needs a new harness and blower resistor. It is suposed be covered under a special program up to 100, 00 miles or 10 yrs before dec 2012, Mine did the same thing and it is about $98 for the harness and ansother 60 for the resistor. If you go to gm partsdirect. Com you can get both for around $110 and save a little money but then you need to get it installed. I't sabout 12-15" long harness with larger wires that must be connected to fix the problem.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement