CLICKING UNDER THE HOOD

2003 Ford Taurus

Darlein

March, 25, 2011 AT 1:01 AM

Hi, When I tried to start my car today all it did was click. Not one click but alot everytime I turn the key. It's not in the fuse box. I have a 03 ford taurus. What can this be amd how much will it cost to repair?

saturntech9

March, 25, 2011 AT 1:20 AM

The first thing I would do is have the battery tested and make sure the battery cable's are clean and tight. Let me know what you find.

Darlein

March, 25, 2011 AT 1:22 AM

We tried to jump it and nothing happened made sure it was clean and tight still nothing

March, 25, 2011 AT 1:35 AM

Let's check the battery voltage (snatch it out, take it to auto parts store for thorough, Load Tested) or at minimum see if the headlights burn bright for a minute or so. Most common problem like this is a bad connection. So Methodically take any and every BIG CABLE CONNECTION loose. CLEAN and TIGHTEN WELL--DO NOT SAY, "IT LOOKS GOOD". JUST DO IT! Start at the battery clamps, where it clamps to the cables. Follow POS Cable to solenoid. Do all of the big connections there. Follow on to the starter, do the starter connection. Then back to the battery, Follow NEG big cable, it should ground to the engine. Do it too!Now just to maybe save you some time. Try It, after each Step of Cleaning and Tightening. If getting nowhere (after a motivated effort!) The Solenoid or the Starter itself may be the problem (the solenoid is what you hear clicking) The starter can be tested for FREE at popular auto parts storesI'm set on a weak battery or bad cable connection. Lets hear good results!--The Medic

saturntech9

March, 25, 2011 AT 1:41 AM

If you have a bad or loose connection low charge or the battery is too far gone you won't be able to jump start it.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front
Oil Change & Filter Chevrolet Equinox
Oil Change/Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata