MAP SENSOR LOCATION CROWN VIC

2003 Ford Crown Victoria

frontpushbar

April, 22, 2011 AT 3:48 PM

First of all thanks a lot for your fast answer!

So the car has no MAP sensor? But why do shops offer MAP sensors for a 2003 Crown Vic. I have already bought one. I have a problem with the trouble codes PO172 & PO175 for a long time. I did some research on the internet and so I found out that the problem could be a faulty MAP sensor. I checked the vacuum kPa with a OBDII live scanner and the results don´t match with a list I found on the internet at aa1car. Com for Ford digital map sensors. At zero
vaccum the kPa output should be 0 and I read 94kPa.
At idle it should be 71, 1 or less - I read 29kPa. At wide open throttle it should be 10, 2 - I read 101kPa. Aa1car. Com recommend to replace the MAP in such a case. I have already replaced MAF sensor, all oxygen sensors, fuel filter, air filter, new fuel pump, remanufactured fuel injectors - no result. Now I have
changed fuel pump (Motorcraft), fuel injectors
(Motorcraft) and TPS sensor. No testdrive yet. The
last thing what I wanted to change today was the MAP
sensor which I didn´t find. I´m going to pick up the car from my mechanic in a couple of hours and I wanted to give him the information about the location of the MAP sensor. So if there is no MAP sensor maybe the MAF sensor is not working properly? Does the MAF sensor provide the kPa data for the engine computer?

April, 22, 2011 AT 6:30 PM

Our wiring info didn't show a map sensor on your vehicle. If there is a senor wiring issue, replacing the sensor won't fix anything. The codes you listed were for system too rich. Too much fuel or not enough air or combination of both.

April, 22, 2011 AT 7:45 PM

Probable causes of an engine running rich are as follows: 1. Excessive fuel pressure can be cause by restricted fuel return line
2. Defective Oxygen Sensors.
3. Leaking injectors and fuel pressure regulator.
4. Coolant temperature sensor out of calibration.
5. Restricted air intake system.