My brakes started making a farting noise

MS.IRIS
  • 2003 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER

My brakes started making a farting noise when applied and the pedal goes down (not all the way) and comes back up all while making the farting noise. The truck stops but it feels hesitant some times. It does not do this every time applied but often enough for concern. HELP PLEASE. I like to be informed before taking it to the shop to avoid being ripped off.

Wednesday, January 25th, 2012 AT 6:58 PM

2CARPROS KEN

It sounds like the power brake booster has gone bad and needs replacement. Here are some diagrams (below) of how to do the job along with the new part at Amazon for 86.00 bucks.

You don't need to remove the brake master just unbolt it and let it lean forward on the lines.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004US8IZC/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=2carprcom-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B004US8IZC&linkId=2556eea3383e451fea0a280b18541aba

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken

Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 AT 4:56 PM

Related Brake Content

Recommended guides