PASSENGER DOOR MAKES BATTERY GO DEAD WHAT CAN CAUSE THIS?

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer

jeffssus

April, 14, 2012 AT 5:01 PM

Overnight the battery goes dead. I unplug the connector going into the passenger front door and the problems stops.

Door Unlock No

Adjust Driver Door

cadieman

April, 14, 2012 AT 5:05 PM

What connecter?

jeffssus

April, 14, 2012 AT 5:35 PM

The connector at the right kick panel where the harness for the passenger door plugs into the main harness. This connector basically unplugs the right front door from the rest of the truck. I want to know if there is a noted problem in the right front door where the harness or wiring breaks or splits open so a short can happen and drain the battery.

cadieman

April, 14, 2012 AT 7:39 PM

Remove the door panel. Inspect the wiring for damage.

jeffssus

April, 14, 2012 AT 8:22 PM

I removed the door panel and inspected all wiring to find nothing visable. I have the done a amp test and unpugged all the wiring connectors inside the door and then plugged them in one at a time to see if I could find or isolate the problem. This showed nothing. Have you heard of mirrors working on there own or the window motors operating by themselves? Maybe the dector for the door ajar or dome light switches doing something intermittenly? I cant seem to find anything. My son also told me when everything is plugged in that the door will go dead at times on its own. He said nothing works on that door at all. Then it will come back. I am only asking because I know cars and trucks that have problems, the same problems show up in the same cars all the time. Maybe you can think of something I have missed. Thanks jeff

cadieman

April, 15, 2012 AT 4:29 PM

Plug every thing in.U will need to start over. Buy a test light and remove the neg. Battery cable. Then hook the test light to the cable and the other end to the battery. With the draw u say u have the light should be on bright. Start here

Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner