03 CHEVY STALLS OUT

2003 Chevrolet S-10

jozzlyn

June, 7, 2011 AT 5:29 PM

I have had this engine replaced, and after that I replaced the battery, alternator, fuel pump. It starts, goes down the road, and at any given time, it will just stall out. If you hurry and step all the way down on the gas she might stay started but otherwise she just stalls out. Then you attempt to start and nothing, no noise or clicks, or anything from the starter. Then out of nowhere, she'll fire right up and go down the road again. I have been through a number of mechanics who can't figure her out. I'm desperate! Im sick of stalling all the time. To make matters worse, we drag her all the way to the mechanic, and she'll end up starting and running just fine. The mechanics are baffled.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

June, 7, 2011 AT 6:20 PM

Do some testing, yourself. If the starter won't even crank, check the starter circuit. The purple wire at the starter solenoid S terminal should be hot with the key in the crank position. If that wire isn't hot, backtrack the circuit.

Intermittent issues can be hard to track. You have to test when the problem is ongoing. I can only suggest what to test, you have to do the testing.

When it stalls, if it cranks good but won't start. Have a helper crank it while you check for spark at the spark plugs. If you have spark everywhere use a gage and check fuel pressure. You need to be carful about gas spraying on a hot engine.

jozzlyn

June, 7, 2011 AT 8:52 PM

All the fuel stuff has been tested. I'm at the end of the rope. I've gotten all kinds of diagnosis and its been tough to isolate the problem. Right now, we are checking the crank shaft sensor, and harmonic balancer to see if that will help, replace the relay swith already, fuses were checked. It's been more than frustrating, especially when you change a part she'll run good then you end up stalling out, and back to square one.

June, 7, 2011 AT 9:01 PM

The starter motor circuit isn't that hard to check. I understand your frustration. Intermittent issues are a pain, you have to test when the problem is ongoing, to see if you can track the issue.