CAR WONT START BATTERY LIGHT ON THEN SECURITY LIGHT ALSO LOUD BUZZING NOISE WHEN TRY TO USE BLINKERS

2003 Chevrolet Impala

grld63

May, 26, 2012 AT 10:54 AM

When the car would not start and the key in the on position battery light then security light flashing no bells then out of anger I smack the dash board above the hazard switch and every thing seemed to reset it self the blinkers worked and I was able to start my car could the hazard switch cause all these problems

DrCranknWrench

May, 26, 2012 AT 12:45 PM

It could be the turn signal relay. It could also be the connection to the immobilizer unit or in the unit itself.
See if there are any "Service Bulletins" on it at your local dealership.
Also have the trouble codes pulled. Any Advance Auto or Auto Zone will do this for free.

May, 26, 2012 AT 12:49 PM

It could be a loose connection somewhere and the bashing of the dash might have reset the the problem.

grld63

May, 26, 2012 AT 12:54 PM

Should I replace the hazard switch

May, 26, 2012 AT 1:03 PM

Don't replace anything until you have performed test to certify that it is faulty.

grld63

May, 26, 2012 AT 1:39 PM

How do I test to see if the hazard switch is the problem

May, 26, 2012 AT 3:14 PM

If the problem does not come back, then it would be difficult to verify what had gone wrong. Most probably a loose connection and intermittent faults are hard to diagnose.

Check for loose ground circuits first.

Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz