Cadillac DTS 2003 DTC C1214

0097380
  • 2003 CADILLAC DTS
Step 3 of the Test Description 2. States:"Measure the resistance between each pump motor control circuit and the pump motor control circuit and the housing of the BPMV at the pump motor harness pigtail connector of the BPMV.
Does the DMM display the specified value?"

Question, can this measurement be done without the Scan Tool? If so, how and what are the specified values"
Friday, February 18th, 2011 AT 3:06 PM

No, a DMM is a digital muliti meter so you have to measure ohms for resistance. If it's just wire the ohms sholc be low at the most. The ABS unit isn't serviceable anyhow it's a replacement part. This just checks to see if the wires/connectors are any good
Friday, February 18th, 2011 AT 6:11 PM
0097380
Thank you for your answer but it does not answer my question. Being a EE I know what a DMM is and I know the EBCM is a replacement part. What I don't know and what the step 3 Test Description 2 is doing is verifying that the EBCM is faulty because it has a device failure within the unit, is not a software problem and is the BPMV bad also.
Again can this measurement be done without the Scan Tool (to activate) each pump motor control circuit so I can use the DMM to take the reading? If so, how and what are the specified values
Friday, February 18th, 2011 AT 6:40 PM
You can only do a an auto scan with the scan tool and nothing more. The only value given is OL likeon the chart which I have no idea what that means. The only values they give is the voltage values of 10.5 and the other was 2.7 if I remember. If the wire is disconnected you can't take a value form teh second motor anyhow. Besides this code says a relay is bad or not working so any values would be in voltage. It either works or doesn't work. You could always use a jumper wire/wires to activate the motors then use the dmm
Friday, February 18th, 2011 AT 6:53 PM
I think I found what you need to see. Hope it helps you it may or may not as it dowesn't give a lot of info.
Friday, February 18th, 2011 AT 7:02 PM