IS IT POSSIBLE TO RESET THE COMPUTER ON A CADILLAC DEVILLE 2003 OR DO I NEED TO TAKE TO A DEALER....

• jijuanair
  • 2003 Cadillac Deville

The car wont start and I need to know is it possible to reset the computer on a cadillac deville 2003 or do I need to take to a dealer.

Thursday, January 19th, 2012 AT 5:07 PM

• rasmataz

Scan the computer for code/s-what exactly is it doing-be specific

Thursday, January 19th, 2012 AT 5:12 PM
  • jijuanair

The issue is dont see any error codes. The car just wont start up eventhough the battery is good. Its power windows also wont work. So I think I need to reset the computer. So can you please tell me if is it possible for me to reset the computer?

Thursday, January 19th, 2012 AT 5:23 PM
  • rasmataz

The car just wont start up eventhough the battery is good. Is it cranking over and will not start or just won't crank at all/nothing when key is turn to cranking position

Thursday, January 19th, 2012 AT 9:50 PM
  • jijuanair

The car wont crank and the power disappears when we try to crank. The lights in the dash all goes dead when try to crank.

Thursday, January 19th, 2012 AT 10:21 PM
  • cadieman

If the codes are current u cant clear them until the fault is fixed. Youll need a obd2 scanner to read the codes and replace the parts so you can clear them.I would remove and clean the cable ends. Load test the battery. If its turning over try spraying fluid in the throttle body does it start?

Thursday, January 19th, 2012 AT 10:36 PM
  • rasmataz

Check and test the battery and connections

Thursday, January 19th, 2012 AT 10:37 PM
  • jijuanair

We did it. All looks good. Thats why I thought we may have to reset the computer and I dont know how to do it.

Friday, January 20th, 2012 AT 12:53 AM
  • factoryjack

There is no reset that is going to correct a no start. I am just going to throw this out there, but have you checked signal to the starter?

Friday, January 20th, 2012 AT 12:58 AM
  • jijuanair

Not yet I will do that and let you guys know tomorrow. Thannks in advance for all the help. Will post tomorrow

Friday, January 20th, 2012 AT 1:57 AM