The drivers side heated SEAT does not work

ANONYMOUS
  • 2003 BUICK PARK AVENUE

The drivers side heated seat does not work. When the button is fist pushed, I can here a quick double click when I release my finger. The "high" light goes on. Hitting again, the "high" light goes off and the "lo" loight goes on, and a third time, the "lo" light goes off (but I do NOT hear a click like I do on the passanger side after the third time of hitting the switch. I have to wait 30 seconds or so before I can hear the click again when I turn it back on. On the passanger side, I get a single click when I first hit the button, and then I hear another click after the third time of hitting it, or when it goes from "lo" to off. I am wondering if something is shorted in the heated seat control module? When I unplug the connector to it, none of the lights go on when I hit the button. Please help. Thank you.

Monday, December 17th, 2012 AT 10:06 PM

Have you checked to see if there is power to and from the power switch? The switch itself could be bad. Also, check fuses.

Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 AT 2:03 AM