SLIGHT SPUTTER IN LOW GEAR RIGHT AROUND 3K RPM.

• jmantupar
  • 2003 BMW 330

I have a 6 spd man. Trans. It sputters a little from 1st through 3rd when I hit 3k rpm. No warning lights appear on the dash. Once I pass 3k rpm, the torque kicks in again, and I'm back to normal power.

Friday, August 26th, 2011 AT 11:47 PM

• DrCranknWrench

It is probably a fuel management system issue.
Take it to a repair shop and have them hook up an OBD trouble code reader. OBD stands for On Board Diagnostics.
It can help pinpoint the issue.
Anything that throws check lights on the dash needs to have an OBD reading.
I hope this information helps.

Saturday, August 27th, 2011 AT 12:09 AM
  • jmantupar

OBD isn't pulling any codes.

Saturday, August 27th, 2011 AT 12:12 AM
  • DrCranknWrench

If yo uare instop and go traffic a lot, the mileage on the carwould lead me to believe there is some carbon build-up or fouled gas somewhere in the intake track that might be slowing low RPM down. If you have not checked plugs and wires, inspectthem for damage and replace if necassary. The spark plugs should be a reddish brown color. Replacement MGKs are cheap. Just don't buy the, "OEM" style. They just charge you a great deal more for a plug thatis the same but without the, "OEM" stickers on it.
Get 2 cans of either SEA FOAM or BG44K and run both cans through and then change the oil. Reson being is thay they work so well all the removed deposits end up in the oil.
You might have to go to a dealership or service station to find them.

Saturday, August 27th, 2011 AT 12:29 AM