COOLING SYSTEM AND OVERHEATING

2003 BMW 330

Mabes Mothapo

July, 14, 2011 AT 12:43 PM

I drive a 2003 BMW 330i. It started to show a telltale light of radiator and in the morning when I check I found that indeed the level of the water was very low and I refilled. I took it to my mechanic and he did the pressure test as he was suspecting that it might be leaking but nothing. I drove it again but now it started to overheat a little and the followin day I took it back to the mechanic. He took the radiator to the radiator centre for check up and they said it was blocked and they cleaned it. It was mounted back and refilled. I drove again and this time it was not overheating anymore but later the telltale light of the radiator showed. When I checked the following day the level of the water was again very low. The question is what is wrong and where is the water going?

Dr. Hagerty

July, 15, 2011 AT 10:44 AM

The description you provided is a possible indicator of a failed or cracked cylinder head casting. It can be due to a one time incidence of overheating. An overnight pressure test with the spark plugs out wouldbe my next step.

Dr. Hagerty

July, 22, 2011 AT 6:13 PM

Is there any resolution in this issue?

Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage