COOLANT LEAK PROBLEM PLEASE HELP?!

2002 Volkswagen Passat

langevindarnelle

October, 1, 2012 AT 5:26 PM

I have a 2002 Vw passat 1.8t wagon. I just recently had to replace my cylinder head, water pump, timing belt, coolant flange, pretty much all major components of the vehicle. When I got my car back from the mechanic it had a screeching noise everytime I would accelerate almost sounds like something related to the turbo? Every morning I would come out to my car I wouild find a puddle of coolant under my car. It was located in the front center area. The car runs fine besides the problems I just stated. The coolant level is getting low every time I top it off It is an obvious leak but I dont know from where? My guess would be the coolant line going to the turbo which would explain the noise? But I am not sure.I also just changed the o-ring on the water pump.
Please give me feedback! Thank You!

October, 1, 2012 AT 5:52 PM

The thermostat id tough to seal and that is in that area.

Take it back to him and have him re check his work. For the money you spent, he should do a courtesy check for you.

langevindarnelle

October, 1, 2012 AT 6:38 PM

I had no noise problem before I took it to the mechanic. What would explain this screeching noise everytime I accelerate it seems turbo related?

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Upper and Lower Radiator Hose Replacement
Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet