HOW TO REPLACE THE FRONT DISCS ON A KZTE 4X4 HILUX

2002 Toyota Highlander

Thomas Mitchell

November, 2, 2011 AT 1:46 PM

I am not sure if a Highlander and Hilux as we know them in South Africa are the same. I have a 2002 4 wheel drive Hilux with manual twist hubs. The front discs are pretty worn and need replacement.

hmac300

November, 2, 2011 AT 7:08 PM

I think this is what you wan tbu tnot sure, the highlander for that year doesn't have manual locks. I'm sending a pic of a ford lock that is may be similar to what you have. They have bolts that if you loosedn them all then it should come out (lock) then you can get to wheel bearings to remove rotor. At least I thin it is if not get back with us.

November, 2, 2011 AT 7:10 PM

No they are different.

The diagram shows a similar layout for your vehicle.

Removal

To remove free wheel hub cover, set control handle to FREE position. Remove 6 cover mounting bolts and pull off cover. Remove gasket. To remove free wheel hub body, remove 6 mounting nuts and washers. Remove cone washer. Pull off free wheel hub body. Remove gasket and rotor.

Replace Your Transfer Case Like a Pro
4X4 Transfer Case Replacement Guide
Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars