ENGINE STALLING WHILE ON THE ROAD

2002 Suzuki Aerio

kimari

February, 16, 2012 AT 12:42 PM

My car is a suzuki aerio year 2002. At first the car used to move for about 20kms and stalls on the road. After resting for about 10 mins, the engine starts and does another 5 kms and stall again. I later realized the problem is over heating. I am in kenya which s a tropical country and my mechanic removed a thermostat from the coolant loop and catalytic converter in the exhaust manifold and changed the temperature switch. The car improved a bit but the problem is still persistent. The car has bad hard-start. This did not improve and I have to run the fans continuous. When fans are running continuous, the car looses power especially when climbing hills. What could be the problem? What is the remedy? Have you experienced this problem before?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

billymac

February, 16, 2012 AT 8:08 PM

Hi kmari
I can only assume it must be very hott in kenya are you loseing any coolant?You may need to install a larger radiator for your climate use a thinner oil also add another fan that blows air on top of the engine.I would have head gasket checked