2002 SATURN VUE ON A FEW OCCASIONS MY ...

2002 Saturn Vue

askblack

October, 31, 2012 AT 3:02 PM

2002 saturn vue on a few occasions my accelerator had nothing when I pressed it. Doing checking my husband heard a click--note picture--ran good for a few days. On the road response light came on and again no acceleration. No power--restarted it and it seems to be okay. When driving sometimes the engine revs up on its own. I have attached a picture. This little black cover on the intake manifold. What is it and what does it do? Any suggestions on what is going on would help.
Thank you

saturntech9

October, 31, 2012 AT 4:29 PM

Are you asking about the little round cover with the 2 screws holding on next to the largest vacuum line? If so that is the intake pressure relief. I have seen those stick open causing a vacuum leak. So when the throttle acts up does the reduced engine performance Light on? Goto an auto parts store and have them scan for codes please post the exact code numbers not code descriptions.

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet