I WAS DRIVING TO WORK ON THE INTERSTATE GOING ...

2002 Saturn SL1

Anonymous

I was driving to work on the interstate going about 70 mph. I hit a patch of traffic and had to slow down. As I decreased in speed, I noticed that my RPM's were stuck at 2000 RPM's. I began to worry and tried pumping the clutch/gas. Nothing worked. I sprayed carb cleaner on and in the throttle body. It brought down the RPM's to normal, but now it is sputtering really bad. Almost like it wants to staul whether it is accelerating or in idle. What is worng with it? There are no lights coming on, so I am confused and worried. Please help.

saturntech9

Have it scanned for codes and let me know the exact code numbers not code descriptions if you have any?Also those cars are known for the intake manifolds leaking vacuum around the number one intake port because the gasket was wrinkled during installation when they built the engines. Also inspect the short hose that goes from the intake manifold the pcv for holes or colasping. That will take those engines run really weird.

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro