Stuck in park

DBRANNEN1
  • 2002 SATURN L200
L200 stuck in park. It used to be intermittent that usually coincided with rain or damp weather and or cold. This time however rocking car, sunny weather or warming up car to operating temperature
has not helped.
Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 4:13 PM

Are the brake lights working? I would check the brake and ignition fuse becasue they run the shift lock solenoid Here is a guide and some diagrams to help you run this simple test.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Diagrams (below)

Please let us know what happens and upload pictures or videos of the problem.

Cheers
Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 4:16 PM
LEGITIMATE007
Check the brakes to see if they are working, and check the brake switch behind the brake pedal to see if it has come undone or partially undone, you may need to replace it
Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 4:18 PM
SATURNTECH9
.I have also seen bad body control module's cause that do your power door lock's key less entry fuel gauge inside light's all working?
Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 5:07 PM
DBRANNEN1
Brake lights are working and parking light are working. Where behind the brake pedal is the brake switch located and whay does it look like. I just checked it and for now gear shift is working. Thanks everyone.
+1
Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 6:32 PM
DBRANNEN1
'checked "IT"' in my reply is the gear shift not brake switch. Still do not know about brake switch. Thanks
Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 6:51 PM
SATURNTECH9
It sound's like your brake light switch is working if your brake light's are working so I wouldn't be worried about checking the switch right now. When the car doesn't come out of park is your power door lock's key less entry fuel gauge inside light's all working?
-2
Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 9:45 PM
The reason we asked about the brake light switch is because the park lock actuator is powered through the brake light switch. It the switch is not working (no brake lights) it will not release from park. What I suggest is to make sure there is power to the park lock solenoid. If there is, replace the solenoid.
Tuesday, December 7th, 2010 AT 1:11 PM