BATTERY DIED NOW IT WON'T START WITH NEW ONE

2002 Mitsubishi Diamante

MexicanMitsudiamante

November, 4, 2011 AT 9:32 PM

I don't know if my alternator is broken if it is would interior lights, the clock and the radio, ac & windows trunk opener and gas opener not work? Ok my car battery died we try to jump start it and car would turn of but then turn off we figured that the battery was dead so we installed a new battery the car turned on but interior lights, the clock and the radio ac & windows ( windows won't go down) trunk opener and gas opener button did not work we drove the car around and everything was fine other than the things listed I checked all the fuses all of them are fine can someone please tell me whats wrong with my car

Jacobandnickolas

November, 4, 2011 AT 10:35 PM

If the vehicle is starting fine and the alternator is keeping the battert charged, start by checking for bad fuses both in the vehicle and under the hood. Also, check body grounds.

MexicanMitsudiamante

November, 4, 2011 AT 11:29 PM

The alternator is broken the car ran on the battery when I tried to turn on the car it did not start the car ate the battery I installed so it didn't turn on. If I repair the alternator do you think everything that is wrong with the car will work normal once again?

Jacobandnickolas

November, 4, 2011 AT 11:35 PM

If the alt isn't in the car, the battery can't get charged and will die. So, yes. It needs replaced.

MexicanMitsudiamante

November, 5, 2011 AT 12:14 AM

The altenator is in the car but broken I just found out thats what I was telling you if I repair it wil everything work like before?

Jacobandnickolas

November, 5, 2011 AT 1:55 AM

It should.

MexicanMitsudiamante

November, 12, 2011 AT 6:07 PM

I installed a new alternator and everything that I listed is still messed up u have any ideas whats wrong?

phenom

May, 2, 2012 AT 12:47 AM

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM I LEFT MY CAR RUNNING UNKNOWINGLY FOR 3 HOURS AND COULDNT GET IT STARTED SO I GOT MY CAR CHECKED AND THEY SAID IT WAS MY ALTERNATOR KEEPING MY WINDOWS AND POWER SEATS FROM WORKING SO BOUT A BRAND NEW ONE AND ITS STILL NOT WORKING I AM ABOUT READY TO JUNK THIS CAR CAN ANY BODY HELP PLEASE

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test