EXECUTIVE TURNS OVER BUT WONT START, RAN GREAT 30 MINUTES EARLIER

2002 Lincoln Continental

rstarr11

October, 24, 2011 AT 2:21 AM

When I tried to start it the first time it started but ran real rough and wouldnt idle up or smooth out. Stepping on the pedal did nothing then it stalled and wont start again. When turning the key from off to run I cant hear the fuel pump run even from under the rear of the car. The car turns over fine. Should I be able to hear the pump run if only briefly? Is the pump fused if so what fuse location?

October, 26, 2011 AT 1:08 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test