MY CAR HAS 132K ON IT AND ORIGINALLY HAD 3 ...

2002 Lincoln Continental

jimjokjv

My car has 132k on it and originally had 3 options for ride control: plush, normal and firm (or stiff). Now I only see 2 options: Normal and Plush so what is going on with it and how can I get the firm setting back? The system "appears" to be in good working order and the car rides very nice. I can hear the air pump running from time to time as well.

M_H_RITZEL

If the car originally had three settings and now two that work all right I would say the problem may be the switch itself.

jimjokjv

The selector is a digital screen or are you referring to an electronic switch somewhere on the car's suspension system?

M_H_RITZEL

February, 3, 2011 AT 3:24 PM

The relay is by the fuse block. With car running, change the settings on the ride control. See if you can hear one click. Also check the owners manual for the fuses for the air suspension and make sure they are Ok.

Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado