BRAKES GET HOT

2002 Lexus ES 300

mmman1963

October, 17, 2011 AT 1:34 AM

Replaced front pads on a 2002 lexus es 300. Been working on cars for at least 25 yrs. The problem is that the passanger front side is getting hot to the touch. Made sure both pistons are free. Is it normal that one piston moves quicker, or they should move the same I thought.I am confused and fustrated. Let me know if I am missing something

October, 17, 2011 AT 1:41 AM

Should move the same cal piston could be sticking or the brake hose is collasped internally acting as one way check valve

mmman1963

October, 17, 2011 AT 3:05 PM

Your talking internally where is the line inside the caliper.I held one piston other moves freely, with the caliper flipped up the piston on right seems to move slower should I just replace the caliper hate to do that

mhpautos

October, 19, 2011 AT 8:57 AM

They are easy to o/haul, just a matter of cleaning the pistons up with a scotch brite pad to remove any build up, replace the inner caliper seal lube with rubber grease re fit pistons and outer dust seals and re fit and bleed.

Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3
Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Brake Pads/Rotor Replacement Chevy Silverado
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy