BRAKES GET HOT

• mmman1963
  • 2002 Lexus ES 300

Replaced front pads on a 2002 lexus es 300. Been working on cars for at least 25 yrs. The problem is that the passanger front side is getting hot to the touch. Made sure both pistons are free. Is it normal that one piston moves quicker, or they should move the same I thought.I am confused and fustrated. Let me know if I am missing something

Monday, October 17th, 2011 AT 1:34 AM

• rasmataz

Should move the same cal piston could be sticking or the brake hose is collasped internally acting as one way check valve

Monday, October 17th, 2011 AT 1:41 AM
  • mmman1963

Your talking internally where is the line inside the caliper.I held one piston other moves freely, with the caliper flipped up the piston on right seems to move slower should I just replace the caliper hate to do that

Monday, October 17th, 2011 AT 3:05 PM
  • mhpautos

They are easy to o/haul, just a matter of cleaning the pistons up with a scotch brite pad to remove any build up, replace the inner caliper seal lube with rubber grease re fit pistons and outer dust seals and re fit and bleed.

Wednesday, October 19th, 2011 AT 8:57 AM