HELLO I HAVE A 2002 LAND ROVER FREELANDER

2002 Land Rover Freelander

isomeris1

March, 17, 2011 AT 10:59 PM

Hello, I have a 2002 Land Rover Freelander. Sometimes it will start, sometimes it will not, but the starter sounds fine. I may try to start the car now and it will start with no problem, I will drive to my destination, and turn it off. It can be 2min, 15 min, 2 hours, 8 hours or the next day before I try to start my car again, and it might not turn on and I have to keep trying to start it various times and it can take 5-20 minutes before it is on and ready to run. Again the starter sounds like it is working fine so I think it is something else. The lights and radio work fine so I know it is not an electric problem. Can you please tell me what it might be?

March, 17, 2011 AT 11:02 PM

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right