Hyundai has deleted the external oil filter (P/N 46322-39000) on all Elantra, Sonata, Santa Fe and XG300 transaxies effective with the production dates listed below. These transaxies are equipped with an internal oil filter that needs to be changed only during transaxle overhaul.
On a normal transmission you have to drop the pan to access the filter. When you look at a new filter, you will see that it sits inside the pan, and it will likely come with a new pan gasket. Some of these cars do not have a filter you might have one of them.
If you have a fluid changer, use this changer to replace the fluid. If you do not have a fluid changer, replace the fluid using following procedure.
1. Remove the drain plug from the bottom of the transaxle case to drain the fluid.
2. Install the drain plug and gasket, and tighten to the specified torque.
Tightening torque: 32 Nm (320 kg-cm, 23 ft. lbs.)
3. Pour the new fluid in through the oil filler tube.
CAUTION: Stop pouring if the full volume of fluid cannot be poured in.
4. Repeat the procedure in step 1 if too much fluid was added.
5. Firmly replace the oil level gauge.
6. Start the engine and run it at idle for 1 - 2 minutes.
7. Move the select lever through all positions, and then move it to the N position.
8. Drive the vehicle until the fluid temperature rises to the normal temperature (70 - 80 C), and then check the fluid level again. The fluid level must be at the HOT Mark.
Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
Wednesday, April 13th, 2011 AT 3:41 AM