HOW TO CHANGE THE TRANS OIL FILTER

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

sergio53

April, 13, 2011 AT 2:53 AM

I have a 2002 Hyundai santa fe
how do I change the Trans oil filter I don't have a spin on filter

caradiodoc

April, 13, 2011 AT 3:41 AM

Then you have to drop the pan to access the filter. When you look at a new filter, you will see that it sits inside the pan, and it will likely come with a new pan gasket.

sergio53

April, 13, 2011 AT 9:30 PM

I took the trans pan there is no filter only the control solinoys here is a pic off it can you help me I have change other trans filter they are like you said, not on this car

caradiodoc

April, 13, 2011 AT 9:50 PM

I don't even see where the fluid pickup is located. I looked the filter up on rockauto. Com, and they list four different filters. Only one of them is a spin-on filter. The other three are internal and are all very different.

I'm going to try to get another fellow involved who should be able to help solve the mystery for you.

saturntech9

April, 14, 2011 AT 3:52 PM

Please read the bulletin below and what I posted let me know what the production date of your Santa Fe is and we will go from there.

OIL FILTER REPLACEMENT
2001 Hyundai Truck Santa Fe V6-2.7L DOHC MFI
Fluid Filter - A/T: Technical Service Bulletins A/T - External Filter Deletion
Group: TRANSAXLE Number: 01-40-007
Date: APRIL, 2001
Model: 2001 ELANTRA, SONATA, SANTA FE & XG300
Subject: 2001 ELANTRA, SONATA, SANTA FE AND XG300 AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE EXTERNAL OIL FILTER DELETED

DESCRIPTION: Hyundai has deleted the external oil filter (P/N 46322-39000) on all Elantra, Sonata, Santa Fe and XG300 transaxies effective with the production dates listed below. These transaxies are equipped with an internal oil filter that needs to be changed only during transaxle overhaul.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW X5
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Cruze
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Taurus
Engine Oil Change and Filter Kia Forte
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Dodge Ram