I HIT A CURB AND BLEW 2 TIRES

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

Dochoa8

October, 21, 2012 AT 11:57 PM

I hit a curb and blew 2 tires. When the tow truck picked me up the car started so he could put in neutral and maneuver the tires. But when he dropped me off and unloaded the car it didnt start anymore. It sounds like its gonna start but never makes the transition from cranking to actually starting. Is there a kill switch that might be causing this?

Wheel Assembly

Left Wheel Drags

October, 22, 2012 AT 12:02 AM

There's no kill switch on it -Review this walk thru link: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

October, 22, 2012 AT 2:00 AM

Have you check for spark and fuel/? Let me know

Dr. Hagerty

October, 22, 2012 AT 1:21 PM

Was there an airbag activation? If yes then there might be a crash module that interrupts the ability to start the car, usually by deactivating the fuel pump.

rivermikerat

October, 23, 2012 AT 12:23 PM

I would think that if the tow operator was able to start the vehicle immediately following the impact, that there isn't anything impact-related causing it. But, Doc H. Makes a good suggestion: Make sure the fuel pump is receiving power. Or do a fuel pressure test at the fuel rail.

Safely Changing Your Spare Tire
Upper Control Arm Replacement
Replace Tie Rod End