CAM sensor wiring

ITSALLGOOD
  • 2002 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
Four cylinder four wheel drive automatic 100,321 miles.

The car starts up just fine, but it will only stay running for three seconds, then it shuts off. I can restart it no problem every time. But still the same thing, it only runs for exactly three seconds. The connector at the cam sensor has been taken apart the three wires (a blue one, a orange one, and a black one) have been taken out of the actual connector. The are plugged onto the sensor individually. I am thinking bad contact? Wrong position? What is the correct position for these wires? The way the sensor is positioned on the engine, the terminals are top, middle, bottom.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/189565_DSC04697_1.jpg

Monday, May 12th, 2008 AT 3:30 PM

ITSALLGOOD
Just a follow up for anyone else who might have the same issue. The blue wire is power (+) - top, the orange wire is signal for the computer (o) - center, the black wire is ground (-) - bottom.
+22
Tuesday, May 13th, 2008 AT 5:13 PM
BONILLAKEVIN
I am having the same problem with my vehicle. I have connected the wires like you have indicated above, but I still have the same problem. Can you provide me with any other additional information? 2.4 L engine two of my wires to the cam position sensor is black and one is pink. I need to know which is power which is top dead center.
+4
Thursday, December 1st, 2011 AT 11:03 PM
STRIFST
Did anyone come up with an answer to this problem?
+2
Saturday, December 3rd, 2011 AT 5:20 PM
KEN
Yes, here is the engine wiring diagrams to show you which wire goes where in the connector.

Check out the diagrams (below).

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
+1
Sunday, April 22nd, 2018 AT 12:41 PM