2002 Hyundai Accent Rear hatch latch

RAJ201
  • 2002 HYUNDAI ACCENT

Interior problem
2002 Hyundai Accent 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

may not be correct category.

The handle for my rear hatch on the outside has broken. I cannot open the hatch from the outside. I have removed the interior door molding and I can see the where the break occurred and what needs to be replaced, but I cannot figure out how to go about dis-mantling the mechanism to fix/replace it. Can anyone provide me with directions/pictures of how to go about repairing the handle? Can the outside handle be replaced or do I need to buy and replace the entire latch assembly.

Monday, March 1st, 2010 AT 9:37 AM

JACK42

Sorry for the delay in answering. My software doesnt show any illustrations on what you need. Your best bet would be to call the dealer and see if the outside handle is serviceable seperatly from the latch mechanism, I would think that it will be. Once you have the new handle in your posession it will be easier to see how it mounts and hooks to the latch assembly. It is usually a simple actuation rod that attaches to the main latch.

Wednesday, March 3rd, 2010 AT 7:23 AM
GHETTOACCENT

I have just had the exact same thing happen to my 2002 Accent. Were you able to get it fixed? What was the solution? I was told to order a new handle, but they cant guarantee that's what I need. Any help you could offer would be most appreciated! Thanks!

Saturday, July 24th, 2010 AT 1:15 PM
OSO50

Can u pls help me

Friday, August 26th, 2011 AT 2:17 AM
KHLOW2008

You would need to replace the outer handle.

Friday, August 26th, 2011 AT 12:39 PM