WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO REPLACE A SINGLE OPEN WIRE?

2002 Honda Odyssey

qaiserpk

I had power slide door problem and troubleshooting this lead to an open wire between fuse box under hood and a connector under dash driver side. The fuse on wire is 30 Amps. According to manual there is no junction or connector between the two points. Routing seems to be complex. What is the best way to replace the wire.

fixitmr

First I would run a test wire to see if it is successful. Then figure a route for it permanently.

qaiserpk

January, 11, 2012 AT 12:18 AM

I already confirmed with test wire. Everything works fine. I wanted to ask, whether I should just route a new wire or try to open the harness and the fuze box internal connections. It may reveal something else. 30A wire is too thick for an open circuit to occur without an extreme condition.

fixitmr

January, 11, 2012 AT 2:53 AM

In fact if it was an electrical fault the fuse should have popped and maybe some burning smell would be associated?

cadieman

January, 11, 2012 AT 3:17 AM

U have a open wire u will need a test light or meter to follow where your losing voltage. If you run a hot wire to it its not safe. If your driving and hit the switch the door will open whyll your driving.

Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Battery Replacement