02 Civic compressor not engaging

BGRICH2003
  • 2002 HONDA CIVIC
02 honda civic lx compressor wont start. I just replaced the compressor do to a seized pulley. I added oil and added refrigerant but the clutch is not engaging when I turn it on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Friday, May 27th, 2011 AT 4:24 PM

BGRICH2003
Here is a wiring diagram and a pic of the compressor if it helps
+1
Friday, May 27th, 2011 AT 4:37 PM
BGRICH2003
Here's so you can see the wiring diagram
+2
Friday, May 27th, 2011 AT 4:43 PM
WRENCHTECH
The wiring diagram is for you to use and test various points in the circuit to find out where the circuit is broken and why. You will probably need a scan tool also because there are communication circuits too.
Friday, May 27th, 2011 AT 5:07 PM
BGRICH2003
Yeah I posted the wiring diagram so I kinda know what its for lol. I ohmed the wires going to the compressor 2 are for the thermal protector showing continuity and the other is ground and is showing continuity to ground. I tried jumping out the low pressure switch on the receiver I'm not sure if that would work. I know I read somewhere about jumping out something on the compressor but that was before I had this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Friday, May 27th, 2011 AT 5:16 PM
WRENCHTECH
Have you done the basics of testing for power arriving at the clutch. This looks like it may be beyond your ability. You're probably going to have to take it to a professional.
Friday, May 27th, 2011 AT 5:21 PM
BGRICH2003
Not at all I do residential Hvac so I think I should be able to figure it out with a little help.
1. Test power going to the clutch
okay any other advice
Friday, May 27th, 2011 AT 5:31 PM
BGRICH2003
Wow I guess getting info from here is like pulling teeth. Lol
Friday, May 27th, 2011 AT 5:42 PM
WRENCHTECH
In that case you should have no trouble reading the wiring diagram and troubleshooting from that then. That's what needs to be done
Friday, May 27th, 2011 AT 5:44 PM
WRENCHTECH
What is your specific question then? I can't do the troubleshooting for you.
Friday, May 27th, 2011 AT 5:45 PM
BGRICH2003
I kinda wanted something like. Check this if it has power then this is probably wrong if it doesn't check this. Something like that I posted the wiring diagram to make it easy for someone to give me details. I could figure it out myself but thought it would be easier to get a mechanics advice to make it go a lot quicker.
Friday, May 27th, 2011 AT 5:49 PM
WRENCHTECH
If you know how to read a wiring diagram as you say you do, then you have the same ability that I do to resolve this. If you have something specific to ask, then fine, I will answer that. Otherwise, this needs to be done on your end.
Friday, May 27th, 2011 AT 6:04 PM
89INTEGRALS
If you can read the diagram wrenchtec sent you then you should understand what I am about to say, If you are unsure as to what you are doing you could end up doing more damage to your vehicle, so think about it before you continue. Locate under hood fuse box. Using a volt meter check power across fuse #1 20amp if there is power across fuse #1 then remove clutch relay, turn ignition key on and with your volt meter check for 2 power sources one at position #2 and one position #3. If you have both sources, using a (fused jumper)do not use an unprotected jumper in case there is a short in the circuit as this could cause more damage to your electrical system. Jump across positions #1 and #2 and look for clutch activitation.(WARNING!) DO NOT JUMP POWER TO POSITION #4 AS THIS IS A GROUND CONTROL CIRCUIT FOR THE RELAY FROM THE PCM YOU WILL DAMAGE THE PCM. If you are not comfortable with the diagram or do not understand these instruction up to this point then I would have to agree that you should bring your car to a qualified tech. If you are ok with it then this should get you started.
Saturday, May 28th, 2011 AT 3:40 AM
BGRICH2003
Thanks for the advice. I think we may have got off on the wrong foot so I apologize. I was able to give power to the compressor from the battery and it started up and allowed me to add refrigerant. Thanks again.
+1
Saturday, May 28th, 2011 AT 7:37 PM
WRENCHTECH
Closing question
Thursday, June 30th, 2011 AT 11:34 PM