2002 Honda Accord problems

DBDYLAN09
  • 2002 HONDA ACCORD
Long question.I have a 2002 Honda accord lx 4 cylinder. So, I was driving and I was just over my need for an oil change, then my check engine light came on and my oil light began blinking. I drove my car about a mile down the road and had my oil changed immediately. The car ran better and my check engine light eventually turned off. Not 20 minutes later, I was pulling in my driveway and my car shut off on me. Now when I try to start the car it may start, but the engine shakes and eventually dies. It will hesitate and die when I either put in into reverse or into drive. I also drained about a quart of oil from the car, added more gas, and that didn't resolve what I thought could be an issue. I also just noticed I have a black watery liquid coming from my exhaust when I turn the car on and it has stained my driveway. And thus far I have changed my cap and rotor, my ignition wires, and last year I had my battery replaced and put new spark plugs in. Any thoughts on potential problems? Oil pump? Fuel pump? Fuel injector?
Tuesday, March 8th, 2011 AT 7:15 PM

F4I_GUY
Well crank the car and test for fuel and spark. You'll most likely have one component missing. Usually on honda's, it's spark.
Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 AT 3:00 PM
DBDYLAN09
I just had a diagnostic run yesterday, and the codes which came up were all 4 cylinders misfiring. My girl's uncle works in a shop and did the scan, and he said it could possibly be the EGR valve. And I agree with the spark issue. Although I just changed the plugs last year, which were NGK, he said they probably need to be cleaned or replaced if I want to do so. And my ignition wires I am going to return to buy NGK or Denso ones. Not to fond of the Bosch that I bought, and I would rather have ones that are made for Honda. So, best bet u think is to just get new plugs and new ignition wires? I could gap and clean my year old NGK plugs, but I'm almost thinking for $25-$40 I could just get new ones and new and better ignition wires.
Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 AT 3:24 PM
DBDYLAN09
Also, when I get the car started it idles high at about 1200-1500 RPM. The engine then begins to flutter and shake, unless I put my foot on the pedal. The car accelerates fine and doesn't stall out until I let go of the gas. Then it drops below 1000 RPM, shakes and flutters, and then dies. What other issues do you think I could be coming across with this?
Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 AT 3:34 PM