WHY DOES THE CAR SHUT OFF WHEN I TURN THE HEAT ...

2002 Ford Taurus

Anonymous

November, 29, 2012 AT 10:08 PM

Why does the car shut off when I turn the heat on?

Wiring Issue?

November, 30, 2012 AT 5:36 AM

PROBABLY DOES THE SAME WHEN THE A/C IS TURNED ON????

I'D GO WITH "MAYBE" THE A/C COMPRESSOR IS LOCKED UP (SHOT!)

AS LONG AS THE A/C CLUTCH IS DISENGAGED, THE PULLEY WILL TURN FREE

THE "A/C SETTING" OR ANY HEAT SETTING THAT "DEFROST" MODE IS USED----KICKS ON THE COMPRESSOR

"DEFROST" USES THE EVAPORATOR TO TAKE MOISTURE OUT OF THE AIR, BEFORE IT'S BLOWN ONTO THE WINDSHIELD, THIS ACCELERATES THE WINDSHIELD CLEARING OFFOLD CARS DID NOT DO THIS---(OLD BEING THE '70s, ON BACK)

I'LL SHOW YOU HOW THE COMPRESSOR CYCLES--WATCH THE THINGEE IN THE MIDDLE (IT'S CONNECTED TO THE COMPRESSOR SHAFT) IF ALL WORKS RIGHT, THE THINGEE IN THE MIDDLE TURNS WHEN THE CLUTCH (ELECTROMAGNET) COUPLES THE PULLEY TO THE THINGEE IN THE MIDDLE

IF THE COMPRESSOR IS LOCKED UP---THE THINGEE IS TOO----WHEN THE CLUTCH COUPLES IT TO THE PULLEY----THE PULLEY CAN'T TURN ANYMOREBOGS YOUR ENGINE DOWN!

FORGET WHAT THE VIDEO IS ABOUT---JUST WATCH HOW IT WORKS--ENGAGED AND DISENGAGED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50jvK9kM2DM

**************KILL THE CAR!!!!!!********

*****************TAKE THE KEYS OUT!!!!!!************

CAN YOU TURN THE "THINGEE IN THE MIDDLE"----AT LEAST ONE FULL REVOLUTION????........IF IT WON'T DO IT, IT'S PROBABLY A BAD COMPRESSOR!

JUST TO INFORM YOU----IF THE BEARINGS IN THE PULLEY WERE BAD---THE PULLEY WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO TURN AT ALL (CLUTCH), BUT THE COMPRESSOR MAY STILL BE GOODTHIS MOST LIKELY IS NOT YOUR SITUATION

HERE'S SOME GOOD NEWS!!!

DON'T NEED A/C NOW........'CAUSE IT'S COLD OUT?

CAN'T AFFORD AN EXPENSIVE COMPRESSOR AND SYSTEM RECHARGE....RIGHT NOW?

LET'S JUST REACH IN THERE (MOTOR OFF, OF COURSE) UNPLUG THE CLUTCH----NOW IT CAN'T ENGAGE....EVER...AT ALL......TILL IT'S PLUGGED BACK IN

YOUR A/C WON'T WORK (COULD'NT ANYWAY)YOU CAN USE ANY HEAT SETTING!!!!!!......YOU NOW HAVE 1970 FORD LTD DEFROSTER!!!!!

WHAT.......A..........DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS ALL WORKSIF I'M RIGHT ABOUT THE "LOCK UP"

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND

MINE, IN THIS MODELACKS HEATER.....MUCH LESS, DEFROST

......................AND BE CAREFUL!

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn Vue
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Coolant Drain and Refill Scion XD
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement