Ford F 350 7.3l fuel relay location

LARRYMCANTWELL
  • 2002 FORD F-350
I've just replaced the fuel pump on my 2002 Ford F 350 7.3l diesel. I want to replace the fuel pump (relay) but cant find it under the dash or in the connector area above the driver side under the hood. Can you tell me where I can fine the location of the switch? Thanks, Larry
Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 3:23 PM

DOCFIXIT
This truck has a fuel pump module that has a relay and you have an inertia switch that can give you trouble as well.

Here is a a guide to help you a test on the relay once you find it from the diagrams below.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers
-1
Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 3:39 PM
LARRYMCANTWELL
My mechanic recommended this replacement and when I purchased the part there was no question as to its use. The part is a BWD, # R3189. It appears to be a end connection, IE it is a one way male fitting. ( Thus the switch function I suppose ). Does that help? Thanks, Larry
Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 6:07 PM
DOCFIXIT
Is there a running problem or just wanted to put that relay in?
Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 7:41 PM
LARRYMCANTWELL
Well there was a running problem. The truck just stopped. I managed to get it started the next day and drove it a block to my mechanic when it died while I was parking it. They tried to start it but couldn't. After a day or so of trying to start it they took the fuel line off to test pressure ( it was nil ) they put things back together and it started. They couldn't get it to fail again and no code messages. I drove it home a short distance and could tell it wasn't running right. I couldn't afford the 700.00 fix so installed the pump myself. It runs great now, but I was told that I should replace the switch also. Hope that helps. Thanks, Larry
+1
Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 7:53 PM