NO FUEL

2002 Ford F-250

cherzog

August, 18, 2011 AT 11:45 PM

I have a 2002 Ford F250 with a 5.4 that will not pump fuel. I changed the fuel pump twice thinking the first one I bought was defective. Both the new ones and the original are doing the same thing, I turn the key to the on position and can hear the pump run but no fuel comes out at the tank with the line off. Any Idea? This is baffling me and anyone I talk to. Please help !

August, 18, 2011 AT 11:53 PM

You sure the fuel hoses are connected properly-if so it should spit out fuel -double check your work

cherzog

August, 19, 2011 AT 12:10 AM

Thanks for the quick response but like I said the original pump was doing the same thing before I did any work which makes me think there is something else that would make the pump throw fuel also I changed the whole assembly that comes all put together not just the pump

Wrenchtech

August, 19, 2011 AT 1:26 AM

Are you sure you're not looking at the return line or that you have enough fuel in the tank?

cherzog

August, 19, 2011 AT 10:10 PM

I am absolutely positive. I first took the line off at the fuel filter and nothing then off at the tank thinking it could be a blocked line. Nothing !Gauge reads over a quarter tank and covered the pump when I put it in.

Wrenchtech

August, 19, 2011 AT 11:14 PM

Check the assembly itself and see if there is a hose connecting the pump to the rest of the assembly that could be bypassing.

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet