The blower motor switch controls blower motor speed by adding or bypassing resistors in the blower motor switch reistor in all function selector switch positions except OFF.
The blower motor resistor
- is located on the heater core and evaporator core housing near the blower motor.
- has three resistor elements mounted on the resistor board to provide four blower speeds.
- depending on the blower motor switch position, resistance is added or bypassed in the blower motor circuit to decrease or increase blower motor speed.
- has an overheating device (thermal limiter) that will open the resistor coil when the temperature reaches approximately 184 cel interrupting the blower motor operation in ail speeds except high.
- is serviced as an assembly. The thermal limiter cannot be reset and is not serviceable.
Friday, June 28th, 2013 AT 12:52 PM