Coolant temperature Sensors?

RENO380
  • 2002 FORD ESCORT
There are 2 sensors in this housing, I believe Autozone sold me the wrong part, but I will not know for sure until I find out what the 2 sensors are. My A/C quit working and my fan continuously ran while the engine was on, this happened after I accidently broke the top sensor (the other is on the bottom). I bought a coolant sensor, on this car it is a push in then clip in place. When I installed this sensor the fan continued to run with the engine on only but no A/C. I checked pins 21, 22, and 23 on the ccrm, + on 21, - on 22, nothing on 23. Then I put the broken sensor back in the housing to seal the hole and left the new sensor plugged in, but just hanging and not grounding, everything worked as it should, I grounded the new sensor and everything was back like before.

What is the top sensor? My dash gauge works, and the fan is cycling low to high and back to low as it should.
Thank you, Reno
Thursday, April 30th, 2015 AT 5:16 PM

Here are diagrams to help you see what sensor is where. Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
Monday, May 4th, 2015 AT 9:55 AM