I HAVE A 2002 DODGE CARAVAN WHEN BRAKE ABS ...

2002 Dodge Caravan

Anonymous

February, 7, 2013 AT 9:20 PM

Hi I have a 2002 dodge caravan when brake abs light comes on I have no front wipers if off when light comes on the headlights will stay on and all the lights will light up with the gears. Also when I check the code it comes up with 1698 any ideas or possible quick fix to at least get wipers to work until it gets repaired. My mechanic stumped. Thanks so much

caradiodoc

February, 8, 2013 AT 12:16 AM

P1698 No Bus Message From TCM

You need to put some punctuation in that long sentence, otherwise it can be read at least three different ways. I DO know the anti-lock brake system, Transmission Computer, head lights, and wipers all seem to be related to this problem and all act up at the same time. They have the ignition switch and / or parts of the fuse box in common along with the wires between them. Any troubleshooting must be done while the problem is occurring so the defect is there to be found. I would start by inspecting the ignition switch connector for signs of overheated terminals or a melted plastic connector. Next, measure the voltages feeding the switch and the voltages coming out. You're looking for one that is lower than the normal 12 volts.

Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement