ERROR ICON ON SCREEN THAT LOOKS LIKE AIR CONDITIONER ICON

2002 Citroen C3

kyrianic

October, 5, 2011 AT 2:00 PM

Hi! My car is a Citroen C3 (2002) 1.5 SX 75 Auto model using petrol and I have a problem with an error that appears occasionally. A beep occurs as I am driving and what appears is a letter S with the icon of the air/cooler next to it. The icon is like the The icon is like the one of the air conditioner which looks like a star. No error lamp lights on. Just this error icon appears. I read the handbook and there is nothing saying about this. Could you please help me with this? What is the problem?

hmac300

October, 5, 2011 AT 2:29 PM

We have no inof on this car. Are you sure it'snot lit up because it's been turned on?

kyrianic

October, 5, 2011 AT 2:33 PM

What do you mean? As I am driving this error appears and do not know what this is.

hmac300

October, 5, 2011 AT 2:35 PM

What I meant is it a light that tells you the a/c is on and working? We have no info at all on these cars so i'm just atking aguess on this.

kyrianic

October, 5, 2011 AT 2:38 PM

There is nothing to do with the a/c. It is turned off. Is there anyone else that can help me?

hmac300

October, 5, 2011 AT 2:41 PM

Well you can have the engine scanned to see why, if it deals with that. There may b e one other guy that can help if he sees this post. But putting a pro model scanner on it should tell you what the problem is.

kyrianic

October, 9, 2011 AT 7:19 PM

I took my Citroen C3 car to a specialist for automatic transmission and run a diagnostic test using a LAUNCH X431 computer. These were the 3 codes that appeared: 1) Slip fault (clutch/brakes): Local - Intermittment fault
2) Vehicle speed from ABS (CAN) fault: Distant - Intermittment fault
3) Sequence solenoid 1 fault (EVS1) fault: Local - Permanent fault

Could you please interpret these for me? Would it cost me a lot to fix these problems? Are they too serious?

hmac300

October, 9, 2011 AT 7:44 PM

I have no information available for this vehicle. It looks like one of you clutches inside your trans may be slipping occasionall as well as a speed senor going to the abs. But both of them being intermittent faults wil be very hard to detect. I have on idea what the sequence solenoid is unlesss it's a shift solenoid in the transmission. Sorry but these cars are around inthe u.S. I have nothing further to offer

Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease