CAR NOT STARTING RANDOMLY

2002 Chrysler Town and Country

Mom Ruppert

August, 2, 2011 AT 11:36 AM

I have a 2002 Chrysler town and country. The ignition has a clicking sound and won't starter very randomly. I have replaced the starter relay twice, but it still happens randomly. What is the selinoid
and could it be that? Or could it be an electrical problem? Please help.

August, 2, 2011 AT 4:16 PM

You have to make sure the battery has a full charge and battery connections are clean and tight. Have the starter tested, some of the national brand autostores will test it for you. You have to take it off and take it to them. With intermittent issues, You have to test when the problem is ongoing. Check the actual voltage readings at the starter, when problem is ongoing. Just make sure the tranny is in park or neutral and the e-brake is set, when testing.

August, 2, 2011 AT 4:29 PM

The solenoid sits on top of starter. This is just generic explanation, the ignition switch sends voltage to solenoid, the solenoid then engages starter motor with battery. Low amp flow from ignition switch to solenoid. High amp flow from battery to starter. If replacement is necessary, replace as a unit.

Mom Ruppert

August, 2, 2011 AT 5:04 PM

Whenever I bring it to my mechanic. Of course, it works for them. Starting right up. So it is hard for them to find the problem. I also have a left blinker that returns sometimes and not always. Could all this be related to an electrical problem of some sort. So frustrating. I am afraid to go anywhere.

August, 2, 2011 AT 5:37 PM

I understand, intermittent issues are a pain. You have to test when problem is ongoing. Do you have a digital multimeter? When the problem occurs check for good voltage and ground at the starter. If that checks out, I'd replace the starter and solenoid as a unit.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement