HEATER IS NOT BLOWING HOT BLOWS COLD ALL DAY ...

2002 Chrysler Sebring

ripp9375

January, 28, 2013 AT 3:56 AM

Heater is not blowing hot, blows cold all day long but no hot. Checked the blend door and actuators and they are fine. Hoses going into firewall are both hot. What is the problem?

Jacobandnickolas

January, 28, 2013 AT 4:01 AM

If the blend doors are working and the heater core is hot, you should have heat. Is the engine warming up to a normal operating temp?

ripp9375

January, 28, 2013 AT 4:03 AM

The heater core was not hot at all. The car overheated a few months ago and blew the motor. I had the motor switched out and havent got heat since.

ripp9375

January, 28, 2013 AT 4:04 AM

I had the radiator flushed when the motor was switched, could the sludge that was in the radiator be clogging the heater core? Or should I replace the heater core?

Jacobandnickolas

January, 28, 2013 AT 4:07 AM

Yes it could. I would suggest flushing the heater core.

ripp9375

January, 28, 2013 AT 4:08 AM

Can I do that or should I take it too a shop, what are the steps I need to take to do that on my own?

Jacobandnickolas

January, 28, 2013 AT 4:20 AM

You can do it at home. The flush product you get should have directions. All you do is remove the heater core hoses at the firewall and spray high pressure water through each direction.

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue