FIRST MY CAR DIES SO I GET A NEW ALTERNATOR PUT ...

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

jonnmistihightshoe

February, 4, 2013 AT 9:32 AM

First my car dies, so I get a new alternator put in. It seems like they messed up the power steering because it start leaking and went out right after that. We jacked it up to check for leaks but were unable to get to the power steering. It was between the alternator and something else. MY Monte used to sound like a lion's roar with the slightest turn of the key. When I backed it out after looking for leaks it sounded just a little different. Like it took a few seconds of grumbling to start. It was clearly not the usual lion's roar. The it got worse and now you have to tap the gas to keep it running when you start it. Tap the gas for between 5 and ten minutes until it will stay running. And it idles bad. HELP PLZ?

February, 4, 2013 AT 10:17 AM

Use a dye in the power steering to determine the leak. See where it is leaking before pointing any fingers.

Look for any vacuum leaks for the engine starting. The fact that he had the battery cable off wipes out the, memory of how the car ran and has to re learn.

Have the fuel pressure checked as well

roy

jonnmistihightshoe

February, 4, 2013 AT 5:16 PM

Thank u. Will check all this out. Thank u very much.

Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX