CHEVY LOW BEAMS

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche

jordangang4

May, 22, 2011 AT 7:31 PM

2002 Chevy Avalanche low beams stopped working. Bulbs replaced and fuses checked. Now what? Is there a manufacturer recall on this?

May, 22, 2011 AT 8:03 PM

Check for voltage and ground for low beams. Orange wire is voltage, yellow wire is ground for low beams. The yellow wire is grounded through the dimmer switch. Don't know about recalls?

jordangang4

May, 22, 2011 AT 8:27 PM

No voltage going to low beams. I checked at the headlamp plug. Where is the dimmer switch wire?

May, 22, 2011 AT 9:34 PM

Did you use a voltage tester on the orange wire? Hi beam and lo beam get voltage from same source.

May, 22, 2011 AT 9:36 PM

That yellow wire is ground and goes to dimmer switch.

When checking for voltage, did you have the headlamp switch on?

jordangang4

May, 22, 2011 AT 9:37 PM

High beams work. No voltage where the low beam bulb plugs in at the headlamp.

jordangang4

May, 22, 2011 AT 9:39 PM

I will check yellow wire at dimmer switch. I had engine on and headlight switch turned on. Raining right now, can't get out there just yet.

May, 23, 2011 AT 3:38 PM

If no voltage, the dimmer switch has nothing to do with it. Use a jumper wire, proper size, just for testing, from hi beam orange wire to lo beam orange wire. Does the low beam work?

Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini