I PURCHASED A BATTERY IN JULY 2009

2002 Cadillac STS

works4me1

March, 6, 2013 AT 2:44 AM

I purchased a battery in July 2009. It finally died. A mechanic replaced it on Saturday 3/2/2013 but it wasn't the right size for my car. Less than 24 hours later it too was dead. I replaced it again today with the right size battery. The car still won't start. The lights, radio, the little ding-ding that goes off when you open the door with the key still in the ignitation works but the engine does not turn over. It won't crank. Even with a jump start the car still will not start. Can you help me?

March, 6, 2013 AT 2:49 AM

Is the security light on?

Did you have an extra key?

works4me1

March, 6, 2013 AT 6:07 AM

When you say security light do you mean the lights inside the car? If so then yes. No, I don't have the extra key.

March, 6, 2013 AT 10:33 AM

There is a security light on the dash

works4me1

March, 6, 2013 AT 8:59 PM

Ok, I checked for the security light. It only shows momentarily, when the switch is turned to ON then it goes away. But, I'm still not able to start the car. When I turn the key it makes no sound whatsoever.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right