I PURCHASED A BATTERY IN JULY 2009

• works4me1
  • 2002 Cadillac STS

I purchased a battery in July 2009. It finally died. A mechanic replaced it on Saturday 3/2/2013 but it wasn't the right size for my car. Less than 24 hours later it too was dead. I replaced it again today with the right size battery. The car still won't start. The lights, radio, the little ding-ding that goes off when you open the door with the key still in the ignitation works but the engine does not turn over. It won't crank. Even with a jump start the car still will not start. Can you help me?

Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 AT 2:44 AM

• ASEMaster6371

Is the security light on?

Did you have an extra key?

Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 AT 2:49 AM
  • works4me1

When you say security light do you mean the lights inside the car? If so then yes. No, I don't have the extra key.

Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 AT 6:07 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

There is a security light on the dash

Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 AT 10:33 AM
  • works4me1

Ok, I checked for the security light. It only shows momentarily, when the switch is turned to ON then it goes away. But, I'm still not able to start the car. When I turn the key it makes no sound whatsoever.

Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 AT 8:59 PM