2002 Beetle has no spark and does not read codes when scanned

CP123
  • 2002 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE
  • TURBO
Car died on freeway almost just like the key was turned off now it wot start there's no spark change fuel pump changed crankshaft sensor and still no spark. When scanned no codes come up just like it won't read it
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 AT 7:26 PM

SATURNTECH9
So are you using a basic code reader?Also does it say no codes on the code reader or does it even link up to the car?
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 AT 7:48 PM
CP123
I plugged it in and got nothing. I. Know the scanner works because my car has read codes before. I was told it maybe my ecu so I checked the pins on the ecu and got no readins on small and large cinnectors. Also when the key Iis, in the ignition and I turn it the check engine light comes on for a couple of seconds then fades out. This is without turning the engine over. I found that odd. I have been without a car fior five weeks now. No way to get to work so I lost my job. Ouch! Need car running for oily can get back to work. Please, please help. Thank you
Thursday, April 24th, 2014 AT 1:36 AM
SATURNTECH9
Have you checked all the fuses yet?
+1
Thursday, April 24th, 2014 AT 6:06 AM
CP123
Yes I have checked all fuses and they are good.
Thursday, April 24th, 2014 AT 10:42 AM
SATURNTECH9
So the code reader wont even power on off the obd2 connector?If not thats the first thing that must be fixed. Its fuse number 12 its a 7.5 amp fuse all it powers is power to that obd2 connector make sure there is power to both sides of that fuse.
Thursday, April 24th, 2014 AT 12:49 PM
CP123
I just checked the number 12 fuse the fuse is good all my fuses are good it just won't read codes might be electrical or the computer. Were gonna have to diagnose the vehicle without a scanner
Friday, April 25th, 2014 AT 4:28 AM
SATURNTECH9
So is there power on both sides of the number 12 fuse?Also does the code reader power up off the obd2 connector? Is there power at the number 16 pin of the obd2 connector? These are all important questions to see if the computer might not be working. Iam not there to check these thing's myself and iam really trying to help you.
Friday, April 25th, 2014 AT 6:11 AM
CP123
Hi again sorry its taking so long to get back to you and I checked both things that you told me to check there is power to both sides of the number 12 fuse and also the number 16 pin I got a reading of 12.32
Monday, April 28th, 2014 AT 7:48 PM
CP123
I really appreciate your help. I will be so happy when I find out what's wrong with this car and get it back on the road. Thank you
Monday, April 28th, 2014 AT 7:53 PM
SATURNTECH9
So does the code reader power up off the obd2 connector?
Monday, April 28th, 2014 AT 8:11 PM
CP123
The scanner says that there is no communication. Could this maybe be due to the chip in my key or maybe s bad computer?
Tuesday, April 29th, 2014 AT 11:56 AM
SATURNTECH9
Even when all keys are lost on the vws and I have to code a brand new key I can still read the computers just cant start the car till I code the new key. So you could a bad power or ground to the computer. Which engine do you have?
Tuesday, April 29th, 2014 AT 12:41 PM
CP123
Its 1.8 turbo. What do you recommend I do next? Please help
Tuesday, April 29th, 2014 AT 12:57 PM
CP123
If no bad grounf is found should I try a new computer and if yes I found one on ebay with the ecact number s the one in the car. Since the numbers are the same can I get away with having it programmed by professional?
Tuesday, April 29th, 2014 AT 1:02 PM
SATURNTECH9
Your going to want to get the used one programmed with the correct vin calibration for your exact car etc. You have to make sure the grounds and powers to the computer are good. Have you checked the crankshaft position sensor yet?
Tuesday, April 29th, 2014 AT 1:20 PM
CP123
Yes I have replaced the crankshaft sensor, fuel pump and fuel pump relay so you have any idea how much they charge for programming one and is your guess a bad computer?
Tuesday, April 29th, 2014 AT 1:24 PM
SATURNTECH9
A hour labor to program the computer the price would depend on the labor rate.I dont guess your going to have to check your powers and grounds. So your check engine doesnt come on and stay on with the key in run position.
Tuesday, April 29th, 2014 AT 7:08 PM
CP123
The check engine light comes on for a second and quickly fades away
Saturday, May 10th, 2014 AT 6:27 AM
SATURNTECH9
The scan tool you have to check codes does it only turn on when you plug it into the car?I trying to figure out if you have power and ground to the connector on the car?
Saturday, May 10th, 2014 AT 6:37 AM